Can I use any type of target face, or, just the WA ones?
Currently, RyngDyng supports all official versions of target faces specified by the World Archery Federation (WA) and that have got at least the yellow, red and blue rings:
- 122 cm
- 80 cm
- 60 cm
- 40 cm
- compound spot with 5 rings and 40 cm diameter
- compound spot with 6 rings and 48 cm diameter
- vertical 3-spots with 20 cm diameter each
- horizontal 3-spots with 20 cm diameter each
- 3-spots of type Las Vegas
In addition, there is already built in support for NFAA field targets:
- 40 cm
- 5-spots with 16 cm diameter each
For training or tuning, there is additional support for
- blank targets divided into 1, 2, or 3 vertical fields
- a blue standard beermat (about 13 cm diameter)
- a blue cross for the walk-back tests ( available here for download)
If users express their interest for support for other target faces, we will do some tests and if successful, this additional support might be integrated into a coming software release.
We already checked with the yellow/black WA field targets, and the arrow recognition is not very reliable due to the dark black color. Black arrow shafts are not visible before such a background.
Also note that next to the color a target face needs to have clearly specified dimensions. For example, copying a target face and thereby reducing its size won’t work. There are some tolerances, of course, but essentially the specification of WA is to be met.